background





Race Schedule

Friday, April 8, 2011

Lincoln Presidential Half Marathon Race Report

I honestly don't have too much to say about this one, guys.

I've gone into races unprepared and I'd feel a lot better if I'd been slacking during my training for this one.  I played by the rules, I stuck to my training plan but it was just a bad day.

The race was wonderful, the support was stellar and I would recommend it in a heartbeat to anyone.

I had wonderful personal support as well, Jenn was by my side every step and if it hadn't been for her I'm not sure I wouldn't be laying in a ditch somewhere in Springfield right now.

There are parts of the race I don't remember at all, which is probably just as well.

All I can say is that I finished and its behind me.

Illinois is next and it will be a better race.

Have you had a really bad race?  How did you get through it?  How did it effect your next race?

2 comments:

  1. Bad races have happened to us all, it is a part of being a runner.

    I have had a bad race, it was my second half marathon. Miserable, I was crying and wanting to quit by mile 3. It was raining, I felt like crap the morning of, and my contacts were acting up. So overall, the race was a disaster before I even got to the start line.
    But I stuck it out and ran it, because I knew at the end I would be proud of myself. I got through by holding my head high, smiling, and realizing I am a stronger runner because I push through conditions I was not trained or prepared for. I did not let it effect my next race because I told myself we all have bad races, they are bound to happen. Sometimes races are bad and they are out of our control, but when it is in our control to just train for the worst.

    Just remember even if you had a bad race, you still went a distance most people will never go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a race addict that yeah, I've had bad races. I mean I'm in a streak of them right now. During one I called my mom for support so I wouldn't cry. With the last one I just really enjoyed every single interaction with volunteers and people cheering for us. They are really what got me through that finish line!

    ReplyDelete