background





Race Schedule

Monday, August 30, 2010

Sweet and Spicy Mahi Mahi Tacos

Holy Monday!  This was a rough day at work and for life in general.  I have to say, this was the worst day for me since the 100 Day Challenge started.  I definitely will not be working out today.  My grandmother passed away last month and we've been cleaning out her house - today we turned over the keys.  It was a very long weekend with a lot of hard work and I can barely move right now.

I've been doing well with food though and I've been forcing my family to eat better as well.  Today's recipe is a grilled fish taco, you can adjust the spice level to suit your preferences.  I like spicy food so I went all out :)  Before anyone says it, yes, I cook my meet and veggies together.  I know all about cross contamination.  I also know all about blending flavors.  I'm a risk taker, but feel free to separate your protein from your veggies.  You could also substitute chicken breast or lean beef for you non-fish eaters....Courtney ;)  I do not have a calorie count on this, sorry guys, too many variables.



I also had a small fire while I was cooking this.  And instead of just putting it out, I stopped to take a picture with my phone.  All in the name of blogging.  Bet that makes my family feel safe!



2 pounds Mahi Mahi, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 Large Red Pepper cut into 1 inch squares
1 Large Green Pepper cut into 1 inch squares
1 pound fresh or frozen and thawed pineapple cut into 1 inch cubes
1 large red onion, cut in wedges
2 packages corn tortillas (or one large package)
1 jar of Salsa - Tomatilla if you want it mild, but we used Mango Habanero

Soak bamboo skewers for 30 minutes, then place fish, veggies and pineapple on them. Grill on a high heat (be sure to oil the grates or the fish and pineapple will stick) until fish is cooked, turning frequently to keep the pineapple.  Remove from grill and serve on skewers with warm tortillas, using the tortilla to remove the skewer from the good stuff.  (Or skip the tortilla and save yourself the calories)  Top with your choice of salsa and enjoy!

Next week I'm planning on a vegetarian recipe but I haven't decided what it will be yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment