background





Race Schedule

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Short Note About Cross Training

I'm not going to beat around the bush here, guys.

I absolutely suck at cross training.

Its something I've been working on.  I logically know cross training with make me a better runner and a better athlete all around.  I also know that when I'm training for a triathlon I feel much stronger.

When it comes right down to it, I am lazy about cross training.  I tell myself its more important that I don't miss my running workouts.  But really, I should treat both as equals.

So this week I am being very intentional about cross training.  I have successfully cross trained both yesterday and today.  Three more days to go.  Tomorrow I think I'll swim and Thursday (technically my rest day) I'm planning yoga.

Do you struggle with cross training?  Are you more likely to skip a scheduled run or cross training work out?  How has cross training helped you?

1 comment:

  1. Cross-training? What's that? Never heard of it.


    Some day I will be a big girl and give it a try! I hope.

    ReplyDelete